We are searching for a postdoctoral researcher to join our team!
Anchoring National Socialism: The Classical Languages in Germany between 1933 and 1945 (1 fte, 18 months)
The postdoctoral researcher will investigate the role of Latin and/or Ancient Greek as anchoring devices under German National Socialism (1933-1945). His/her research project may for example address one or more of the following topics:
- The study or use of Ancient Greek and/or Latin in National Socialist circles and/or in resistance movements;
- The role and visibility of Latin and/or Ancient Greek in German public culture between 1933and 1945;
- The changing role of Latin and/or Ancient Greek in the German educational curriculum between 1933 and 1945;
- The role of (the study of) ancient Greek or Roman authors for creating historical narrativesof heritage, affinity or cooperation between Greece or Romeand Germany;
- A comparative analysis of the role of Latin and/or Greek under Italian Fascism and German National Socialism.
More information about the position is available here.